Jaycar out of stock of SC.

I went in Jaycar today and noticed they didn't have any Silicon Chip magazines. I just went to the Jaycar website and they list it as out of stock. Do Jaycar no longer stock SC?

Mike.

Reply to
NewsGroup

The November 2006 issue? Pehaps the bundled DSE catalog has something to do with it.

Andy Wood snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Reply to
Andy Wood

That would explain it.

Reply to
NewsGroup

Yes, fairly petty if so, considering DSE isn't any cheaper for similar items, so is hardly going to steal business from Jaycar anyway.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

sorry, but lol. Only a fool advertises their competitor.

Reply to
Terryc

And what do you call someone who thinks that is advertising their competitor?

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

In that case they should have removed the DSE catalog and slipped their own in there. Would have been a great stunt if nothing else.

On the flip side, at least Jaycar still know what they are selling. DSE wouldn't even notice.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Last time I went into my local DSE (fully owned store, not a stockist), they had maybe half a dozen IC's in stock, and only 1's and 2's of those. They didn't even have 555's. I noticed half the resistors and caps were gone too. They used to have 3 stands of components, now it is only 2, and many of the drawers of those 2 are empty. So it would appear they are clearing out of components so they can focus on gadgets. I'm sure Dick would be ashamed of what it has become since he sold out to Woolworths. I went into DSE on a recent monday morning, and was the only customer in there (when they had components, they were always fairly busy) - after browsing their piddly range I left in disgust without buying anything. A quick look at jaycar's website revealed that there is now a local stockist, so I went in there. It is an out-of-the-way shop tucked into a minor shopping centre, yet there were half a dozen people in there buying components when I went in. Seems to me that DSE are in their death throws, while Jaycar are going from strength to strength.

Reply to
Graham Fountain

Correct for hobby electronics, except that you are about 10-15 years too late with that analysis!

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

I doubt very much if Dick Smith himself cares about anything other than making money and telling us what a great Australian he is - after ripping us off for years, stuffing up the aviation industy etc etc. Ask anybody involved in Air Traffic Control what they think of him!

I heard a runour that Tandy (also owned by Woolies) is taking on the 'electronic' side of things, while Trickie Dickies is doing the gadgets etc like Tandy have done in recent years.

Reply to
Bully