TI C2000 out of Stock....

I was looking for floating point C2000 DSCs from TI with QFP at Digikey, Farnell, Mouser... And could not find them in stock.. is it common, or just a one time event? How obout others C2000 DCSs?

Thank you!

Sink0

st

Which one? Or are you saying all versions of the C2000 family are out of stock??? That would be a rare event! More importantly, what is the lead time? If the lead time on all of the C2000 family is 10 weeks at Digikey, there is something seriously wrong.

Rick

Reply to
rickman

Well i was just looking for C2000 with floating point (Delfino)and with no BGA package. They have none in stock and minimum lead time is 7 weeks.. most of them got more than 12 weeks lead time. For all C2000 with non BGA, they got just a few Piccolo in stock and considering all packages they got a few more Piccolos... Is it common for C2000 familly? I was used to work with uCU as ARM Cortex M3, ColdFire... and they are not that hard to find...

Sink0

,

Sorry, I see you already said all that in your first post. I can't say if this is common for the floating point C2000 parts. I know for FPGAs it is not uncommon for them to have a lead time up to 10 weeks. I've been told by a CODEC vendor that I should be happy with a 14 week lead time.

I thought TI did a better job than this in terms of stocking DSP chips. This one is actually listed as an MCU which should have a better inventory. But they are pretty specialized chips. So there is not as much competition.

Rick

Reply to
rickman

I never had problem with FPGAs haha... but i work with R&D so i dont need many parts... But any sugestion of other DSP with 2 Quadrature Encoder interface and 100 - 300Mhz? All i could find other than TIs DSCs is a ARM COrtex M3 and Microchip DCS... I was looking on Analog Web site, but i am not used with their DSPs so i am taking long to go through all devices...

Thank you!

Sink0

is

Analog has the BlackFin processor family. I think it may be a lot more heavyweight than the C2000 family. I'm not sure what your design constraints are. If you are happy with FPGAs, why not use one of those? I guess floating point is a bit tougher with an FPGA.

Rick

Reply to
rickman

Have you checked Mouser? They seem to have 55 in stock.

Also:
Arrow and Newark have 40 apiece.

Reply to
JW

Hmmm i must be blind.. how i missed this one? Thank you!

Rick:

Not much, i was looking for something from 80 to 200Mhz (thats not much information as the frequency itself does not mean much) but 80Mhz would be to tight and 200Mhz i would have more than enough haha. 120-150Mhz would be perfect. This is just for most applications. It is possible to make it for DSPs with more horsepower but just for very specific applications. About the ARM9, i have never seen one with NO-BGA package, so i was not considering it, and i think would be too much for the system. And who is producing Cortex-M4 with FPU? That would be VERY interesting. As far as i know Cortex-M4 is a M3 with DSP hardware, but never heared one with FPU. Actually i never heared of any vendor with real production of any Cortex-M4. Probably the first one will be Freescale, but i might be wrong. About Atmel, it is useful, but i do not expect to they start having real production for 3 months or more...

Sink0

be

.

None of these are in production. NXP has announced devices and has data sheets on their LPC4300. Freescale has the same for their Kinetis devices. Both sound like pretty nice stuff and both will be available in QFPs. Just not yet...

The NXP devices include units that also have a CM0 processor, I guess to act as an I/O processor.

Rick

Reply to
rickman
2010-11-22 15:30, Sink0 skrev:

The AT91SAM9260 runs at 210 Mhz and is available in a TQFP208 package You could consider getting a CPU module with an ARM. Then you dont have any problems with BGAs.

The UC3C production wafers have been in the fab for sometime, but I guess late Q1 is a good estimate on when they will be out, and then they have to go through packaging & test etc.

The max frequency is 66 Mhz, but performance per MHz is better than a Cortex-M3 (at least when you run Dhrystone),

Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

Woa, thats a very good information. I will probably stay with C2000 becouse of the FPU but for sure i will be using this device on other projects. And it is so much more affordable than C2000 hehe.

Yea but i think for my application the performance would be much better becouse i will probably be working with analog processing. So i would expect something close to 50% more performance running at the same speed of the cortex. But it will take too long to be on the market.

I talked to TI and they told me that as they bought 2 new factories they probably going to solve the lead time problem at the beggin of the next year. Lets see... this year was crazy becouse they started too late to get back to max production. Actually think every vendor were late haha...

Cya

Sink0