Cheers Don...

====================

-- Don McKenzie

Site Map:

E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

USB Isolator 1000VDC For Protecting Your PC OR Laptop

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:

Don McKenzie

That just reminds me of how good AmigaOS was for a good percentage of those years... Windows was a terrible excuse for an OS for such a long time.

Reply to
Clocky

What's missing is this

To get Winoze 3.0 to work you had to buy Windoze 3.1 To get Windoze 3.1 to work you had to buy Windoze 95 To get Windoze 95 to work you had to buy Windoze 98 To get Windoze 98 to work you had to skip WinMe and buy Windoze 2000 To get Windoze 2000 to work you had to buy Windoze XP No need to buy Vista, but must have rocks in your head if you did You had to buy Win7 if you were forced to buy Vista And Hopefully Win8 will fix the dreadful Search and File Explorer introduced in Vista and Win7

Reply to
son of a bitch

Naah, why would you down grade to that pile of crap.

Reply to
terryc

USB Drives

Reply to
son of a bitch

USB drives work on Windows 2000 - I still run one test machine with Win2000.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

USB1

Trying to get USB2 drivers to work on 2000 was a nightmare. And if it used VIA chipsets, good luck.

Reply to
son of a bitch

How strange, the machine I am using tonight has a 2 port USB2 card vith a Via chip and is running Win 2000. The card is connected to the ADSL2 modem and the printer, both of which are working happily. What am I doing wrong?

--
Regards,

Chas.

(To E-Mail me replace 'xxx' with tango papa golf)

Reply to
Chas

When you Installed did you left click or right click on the Install Button ?

Maybe it was the Name or Organisation that was different

Reply to
son of a bitch

Maybe you used SWMBO to install it. Mine complained at every "update" of the operating system since '98. Had a whinge about 7 the other day. We are still running XP. Ah well????

Reply to
SG1

NEC USB2 Chipsets seem to ring a bell. And if you got them to Load without a BSOD, couldn't get USB2 speed out of them. And after every Service Pack, back to the drawing board again.

Reply to
son of a bitch

OMG, it's all coming back to me now

USB2 was released sometime 2000, and most motherboards did not include USB2 on the boards for several years later. The only way to get a USB2 was a PCI Add-In Cards. That's when the Nightmares started, the worst offender being Belkin Crap.

Reply to
son of a bitch

And anither thing

I remember getting a a new HP Server 2003-2004 to run SBS 2003 And the hardware only supported USB1. And once again bit me in arse trying to do a Backup to a USB Disk

Reply to
son of a bitch