free reverse telephone,searches for numbers in Australia:

A new site has cropped up, an alternative to the costly Mirus Online

which allows free reverse telephone searches for numbers in Australia:

Seems okay. ===============================================

Just found this posted in aus.comms

should be of interest to most readers of this group I would think.

Needs state prefix, also some mobile numbers come up, some don't.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Terrific!!!

Thanks for the link

Cheers ..............

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz

is it legal?

Reply to
z1

This could be a very good tool for identity theives. Just checked my current # then my previous # in a different town. Both on display for all to grab.

Reply to
SG1

I'm not there - "silent number".

Reply to
Dingo

"z1"

** The only legal issue was that copyright the data was held by Telstra.

The Federal Court has ruled there is no copyright in such a list - cos it lacks "originality".

Long been said of phone books that they have fantastic casts but no identifiable plots.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

When my dad bought his car way back in Perth - just after the war - it included a directory of owner names, addresses and regos of every car in WA. Hard to believe, I guess in those days you didn't get many hot chicks driving, and cool guys hanging out for their contact details.

Reply to
Noodnik

Looks like Telstra list, doesn't work with my home or mobile number but I have 0 connections with Telstra - they offered me a non-ADSL capable landline so they can keep it...

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Corse its legal, its never been illegal to do a reverse lookup.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You're always free to get an unlisted number if you're that paranoid.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I have no connections with telstra either and it works fine anyway.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Your use of the word free does not apply in this case.

Reply to
SG1

Corse it does. I never said they dont cost anything.

And they dont cost a cent with mobile numbers anyway.

Reply to
Rod Speed

How to get delisted

If you do not want your number to be listed on this web site, please contact us using the feedback link on the right. Only numbers that are on the ACMA Do Not Call Register will be delisted. This is to prevent fraud.

Reply to
Rob

First time today I had a use for it (missed call with number that doesn't look familiar) and site seems to be dead, pity it haven't lasted too long.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Still working here....

Reply to
Ray

Was not working yesterday, is now.

Reply to
F Murtz

guess what?

they are charging for it now. :-)

Cheers Don...

==================

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

USB Isolator 1000VDC For Protecting Your PC OR Laptop
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/usb-iso-low-full-speed-usb-isolator.html

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Bugger!!! - But I suppose it was too good to last as a free site :-(

--
Stubbo of Oz