Hitachi T.V. diagnostics?

Can anybody tell me if there is an onboard diagnostics function on a Hitachi C29-F350B television and how to access it if there is. Thanks.

Reply to
T.J. Dunster

What is wrong with TV.

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf

Power off the TV, Hold the TV/Video button down and then power up the TV. Brings up the service menu. What do you want to adjust?

Reply to
Allan

When viewing anything that is shown in widescreen mode, 4:3 or whatever it is called, the dark bands top and bottom are not parallel, can that be adjusted from the menu? does it give you the same sort of control that you have with most CRT monitors?

Hitachi

Reply to
T.J. Dunster

Tried pressing power and "tv video" but nothing happened, tv did not power up.Tried powering up on the main power button and also from the remote, no go I'm afraid.

Reply to
T.J. Dunster

Oops, sorry, tried to enter diags using the remote, tried it from the T.V. itself and up came diagnostics, thanks for the tip, now all I have to do is work out how to use them! Thanks again. Tim.

Reply to
T.J. Dunster

Get in touch with High Country Data

they can rent or sell you a manual. Allan

Reply to
Allan

Buy a new TV.! All the Hitachi range seem to be like that, I have the C29-F100 and its like that too. Had it Swapped with Hitachi, but the other was as bad, (it is only a few mms out, but so annoying!) No Adjustments in Menu, in the old days you could setup the convergence, but not these days..:<

Reply to
Allan

I don't know about buying a new one just yet, although as you say, it is quite annoying. It looks like I will have to live with it. Thanks all the same for the help. Tim.

like

mms

Reply to
T.J. Dunster