Grid connect question

"swanny"

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

be fed

this

in

They must disconnect within 2 seconds. They use elaborate means to detect whether the grid is "real" or not and act accordingly Look up "anti islanding"

According to a readers letter in last month's silicon chip, 2 methods used are for the inverter to try and manipulate the voltage or the frequency of the mains slightly. This won't be possible with the grid, but will be with other inverters or small generators.

I would also think that even in the absence of the above, the inverter would make up its own mains waveform by sampling the waveform of the incoming mains. If you cut the mains supply at the pole transformer for a block, and there were a lot of solar inverters on block still on- line, I would think the inverters (more powerful ones?) would try and sample each others frequencies, causing them to raipdly "chase" each other up or down in frequency. Once the frequency was out of range, they would all be designed to shut off. ?

Reply to
kreed

Catch 22. if you take the government handouts, then you are not a business. The high feed in rate is only available to residential properties. For anything else you have a truck load of paperwork to plough through and you need to sell your production yourself.

Reply to
terryc

Yes. All this and more is o the various websites.

Reply to
terryc

what does that have to do with depreciating an asset that produces assessable income ?

Reply to
kreed

It is explained above. Had you read the ATO directives(private rulings)?

Reply to
terryc

le

No, but I will put it to my accountant at tax time.

Reply to
kreed