DC to DC Converter suggestions?

Hello,

I am trying to track down some DC to DC converters with the following specs: Input: 10-30V Output: 13.5 - 15.0V @ 3-4A

No need for a complete packaged item as it will be part of a larger project. I have had a bit of a snoop around however I haven't found anything suitable so far. Cost is a major factor with this one.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Regards,

Andy (Change "agw" to "andy" to reply by email)

Reply to
Andy

What about an lm2576 with a pass transistor for extra amps?

Reply to
Andrew McMeikan

Hot and inefficent. If you cant do it with the reg alone these days then you should be instantly thinking smps.

13.5 - 15.0 is a fairly broad spec. Do you meant you want 14.25 +/-0.75? or do you want the o/p adjustable between 13.5 and 15.0?
Reply to
The Real Andy

lm2576 is a switcher, using a pass alows higher switching I have achieved 80% conversion, and easy to adjust.

cya, Andrew...

Reply to
Andrew McMeikan

How many do you need, per batch and per year?

This will affect the packaging, type and surrounding parts, and also the design economics.

BTW, 'cost' is important for everyone, but if you only need 1kpcs, 'cost' is a complex thing. Do you value your time?

-Andrew M

Reply to
Andrew M