DC to DC converter

Hi,

The idea is to provide a 3.7 volts and 100mA to a circuit if the power in ON and trickle charge the Lion battery and if the power is not ON than 3.7 volts and 100mA will be provided by a Lion battery. And when the power is ON than the battery will be cutoff and will only get charged.

I chose the following components

A DC to DC converter

Battery charger

I compeleted the design and its working fine . But I do need to calculate the accuracy of the system. But I have no clue how to do that.

You can find the schematic at the following link

The input source is 7 volts DC and the output of the DC to DC converter is 5 volts and than the output of the LT4055 is approximately 4 volts.

Please advice!

John

Reply to
john

What do you mean by accuracy? Usually, when you exactly define what you have in mind, the metrics and calculation needed becomes clear.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Hi,

I meant that its a system. If I input 7 volts than the DC to DC converter output will be 5 volts but it is lik 4.8 volts than the output of the LT4055 will not be perfect either. So, I can calculate that this system is how much accurate?

John

Reply to
john

The LT4055 will work to its design spec with an input voltage as low as 4.35 volts.

In general, the formula is deviation/spec * 100 and the answer is expressed as "within" (result) "percent"

Accuracy of the *system* requires measuring how close the system output comes to what it was designed to do. Say you design for 4.2 volts output, and your actual output is 4.1684 volts. Your system would be accurate to within .75 percent. The math: (4.2 - 4.1684)/4.2

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr