DC to DC converters

Hello,

I am looking for some good application notes regarding How to use isolated DC to DC converters.

Plus I am also looking for a isolated DC to DC conveters with following specifications If they are regulated, then that would be great!

  1. Input Voltage range : 5 to 6Volts Output voltage : 5volts output current: 5 Amp.

  1. Input Voltage range : 18Volts Output voltage : 18 volts output current: 3 Amp.

  2. Input Voltage range : -18 Volts Output voltage : -18 volts output current: 3 Amp.

Thanks very much. Regards John

Reply to
john

Isolated from what to what ? A wall plug PSU is isolated from the mains via a small transformer.

Chris

Reply to
exxos

Hi,

Isolation between input and output of the DC to DC conveter.

Regards John

Reply to
john

Hi,

Isolation between input and output of the DC to DC conveter.

Regards John

Reply to
john

Hi,

Isolation between input and output of the DC to DC conveter.

Regards John

Reply to
john

what are you using to power the DC source with ?

Chris

Reply to
exxos

Hello,

I am using DC power supply.

Thanks Regards John

Reply to
john

I dont know of anyway apart from just use something like a 20V DC PSU, then just put fixed or adjustable regulators to get the voltages you want. I don't see why you need them isolated ?, if you worried about short circuits then fuse it or crowbar it for protection. Isolation of DC sounds like a lot of work IMO.

Chris

Reply to
exxos