Raspberry Pi as a simple web camera?

I have a Raspberry Pi with the camera module. Of course I know about the programs to take a still snapshot and to record a small movie.

What I am looking for is a simple webpage that can be served from the Pi that shows a live stream of the camera, just like the startpage of an AxisCam for example. The page could be HTML5 for example, maybe with some controls to set the resolution.

What I found until now appears to assume the Pi is uploading the video to another server that will serve the page. Also unfortunately lots of projects are described in lengthy youtube movies that explain how to connect everything together and looking at screenshots while the maker types commands. I am not visually oriented and my camera Pi is already connected and boxed, so I need only installation and configuration instructions, perferably as a text file.

Reply to
Rob

This works for me:

Another Dave

--
Change nospam to gmx
Reply to

Thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for!

Reply to
Rob

HTML5 Audio & Video + Controls in Web Page, no configuration required:

Luca Risolia

Thanks! That one also appears to have some good functions. At least it has a smaller installation footprint.

Reply to
Rob