WANTED: Computer monitor repair in Boston MA

Anyone willing to repair a computer monitor - for pay, of course - in the Boston MA or north shore areas?

I have a high end multisync Relisys 15" monitor where I know a large power resistor became desoldered. It still powers up and the status LED blinks but no display. I don't feel comfortable working on high voltage stuff myself. It has a great display - up to 1600x1200 dpi - and I'd like to get it repaired it possible.

E-mail me private if you want the repair job, or know of any shops in the region still repairing computer monitors. (And no - Stereo Component Service doesn't repair computer monitors any longer. And no - the TV repair shops in the region won't touch computer monitors. At least all the ones I checked.)

Thanks

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Non generic parts and service information for your type of monitor are impossible to have. The authorized dealers don't want to work on them any more, because it does not pay for them to do so.

Most of the time, they power supply and the horizontal scan and high voltage circuits fail. It can take a number of hours of troubleshooting to service a monitor with your described fault.

I think you should consider a good quality LCD monitor at this point.

--

JANA _____

I have a high end multisync Relisys 15" monitor where I know a large power resistor became desoldered. It still powers up and the status LED blinks but no display. I don't feel comfortable working on high voltage stuff myself. It has a great display - up to 1600x1200 dpi - and I'd like to get it repaired it possible.

E-mail me private if you want the repair job, or know of any shops in the region still repairing computer monitors. (And no - Stereo Component Service doesn't repair computer monitors any longer. And no - the TV repair shops in the region won't touch computer monitors. At least all the ones I checked.)

Thanks

Rick

Reply to
JANA

That monitor is worth $40, tops. Do you really think it is inteligent use of resources to spend $200 repairing it?

Reply to
AZ Nomad