Monochrome Monitor Repair

I need a monochrome monitor for an old computer system. (DB-9 connector.)

Originally a Heathkit which failed; repair might be too time consuming.

Now have a PARCO 12" model 1231 AT, which seems to work, but will not display anything but a raster. Problem may be in the monitor (which was supposed to be OK) or in the interface. (I just plugged the DB-9 monitor plug into the DB-9 of the computer.)

Any ideas? Anyone have the connector standards for these old systems

- which may not be so standard after all.

Any help/ideas appreciated. TIA -

Matt - snipped-for-privacy@taco.com

Reply to
Matt-NJ

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 12:32:17 -0700, Matt-NJ put finger to keyboard and composed:

Here's one pinout:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

There were a few different systems around, what the compatibility of them was I've no idea. Monochrome signals are simple though, so standards crossing is sometimes an option.

NT

Reply to
meow2222