Looking for replacement speaker for Mitsubishi CK-31302 Television.

The left speaker on my parents Mitsubishi CK-31302 TV doesn't work anymore. Mitsubishi does not have a replacement speaker since the tv is over 10 years old.Is this a generic speaker that Radio Shack might carry?Is it a full range or mid-range speaker? Do i need to know impedance, ohms, or wattage to match it, or would the people at Radio Shack know by looking at it.?Also, would it be better to replace both speakers?The speaker or instruction book which came with the tv doesn't mention specs. Thanks.

Reply to
shareyourknowledge

If you remove it, you can take it around to the electronics parts distributors in your area. I am sure that they may be able to sub it for you, unless it is a specially made one to fit in a specific way.

Considering that the new one will most likely not be sonically matched, I would change the speakers on both sides at the same time. You may find that if you do not, they will sound different. There is also a large age factor there as well.

--

Jerry G. ======

Reply to
Jerry G.

Make sure the impedance is matched to the OEM one and also make sure that it is a shielded speaker other wise you will have purity issues on the CRT.

-- ========================== Jeff Stielau Shoreline Electronics Repair

344 East Main Street Clinton,CT 06413 860-399-1861 860-664-3535 (fax) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net ========================
Reply to
Shoreline Electronics