Mitsubishi Screen Replacement

A person I work with has a Mitsubishi WD-52531 big screen television. I believe this is a DLP projection set? He called earlier today and although he did not give me details apperently someones foot ( his I would guess) was kicked through the screen. Aside from the idiot enrolling into anger management classes what is involved in replacing the screen assembly and where can it be obtained. I have to guess that there are some rather precise alignment issues? Is this a job to be referred to an authorized service center only or is it likely to be so expensive that even though the set is less then a year old it is not worth the expense?

Appreciate any input ... Larry

Reply to
Larry Fowkes

Lemme guess. Bush supporter?

Reply to
<nospam

I don't think Ben is really very political, just apperently an idiot.

Reply to
Larry Fowkes

"Technologically advanced high-definition 52-inch 720p rear-projection LCD TV with two built-in HD (ATSC) tuners"

I assume a factory authorized center can repair this economically.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Just for anyones information who is in ths situtation. We called Mitsubishi's 800 number and were transferred to their parts department. The inner screen and outer cover and special tape required for installation were in stock and came to around $350.00 delivered. An expensive outburst for sure (turns out it was his wifes foot ...hmmm) but not as bad as I had thought.

Reply to
Larry Fowkes