i3 speaker replacement

Hi,

I have a Garmin i3 GPS. The speaker dies on me within 6 months. Instead of calling their customer service and be put on hold for hours, I am planning to fix it myself. I open the thing up and find a very tiny 1" - 1.5" 8 ohms 1 watt round speaker glued/taped on the case.

Do you guys know where I can buy one of these to replace the broken speaker?

--
> There is no answer.
> There has not been an answer.
> There will not be an answer.
> That IS the answer!
> And I am screwed.
> Deadline was due yesterday.
>
> There is no point to life.
> THAT IS THE POINT.
> And we are screwed.
> We will run out of oil soon.

http://spaces.msn.com/bzDaCat
Reply to
Tom

"Tom" wrote in news:2qyxg.75115$Lm5.43270 @newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

That doesn't sound quite right. A speaker is usually good for the life of whatever it's built into. Are you sure the speaker is dead? Have you tried hooking it up to another audio source?

Reply to
Jim Land

I hooked the gps speaker wire to my headphone and I could hear the sound from my headphone. So, the gps speaker must be broken.

So, where can I find a tiny 1"-1.5" speaker with 8 ohms and 1 watt? I cut out the tiny speaker from my headphone and hook it to the gps but it does not sound loud at all.

Hmmm... my monitor comes with built-in speaker... and the speaker is loud. I think I will wrack the speaker out and hook it to my gps to see if it is loud enough to use.

Reply to
Tom

Surf over to Electronic Goldmine and look at the speakers on

They have a number of micro sized speakers, some with 8-ohm impedance. Prices are good too.

Cheers!!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant.
Reply to
DaveM

Thanks. but I can't find anything there though. Nothing is 1W. The most they have is 0.4W.

Reply to
Tom