Looking for replacement for LM387

Can anyone help, I am looking for a replacement for LM387 Low Noise Dual Preamplifier which is now discontinued, I have look on the net but no luck but maybe I am looking in the wrong place.

Thanks

--
Tom
Reply to

Futurelec claims to have the LM387N in stock for $1.95. See

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

NTE824

Reply to
GregS

The problem is I am in the U.K and we do not get NTE devices.

Thanks.

--
Tom
Reply to

I'd say that the problem is it was one of a number of devices intended for "low noise dual preamplifier" applications, and there wasn't really second sourcing. It's not as if it's an standard pin-out op-amp with some specs spruced up for a specific application. There were various devices at the time that were about the same thing (one might argue that they all claimed to be the best device for the purpose), but they all had differences in pin-outs or specs.

So the NTE was a good solution, since it would be a direct replacement.

Beyond that, unless you can find a source of the LM387, it will require some reworking of the circuit.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

I do not mind if the pin out is not the same (DIL or SIL) but it must be low noise and bandwidth for 10 MHz or better, below is the spec.

The circuit it is in has a supply voltage of 26 volts.

The main problem is the large output swing.

? Low noise: 1.0 µV total input noise ? High gain: 104 dB open loop ? Single supply operation ? Wide supply range LM387: 9 to 30V LM387A: 9 to 40V ? Power supply rejection: 110 dB ? Large output voltage swing (VCC - 2V)p-p ? Wide bandwidth 15 MHz unity gain ? Power bandwidth 75 kHz, 20 Vp-p ? Internally compensated ? Short circuit protected

Thanks

--
Tom
Reply to

Dial Electronics' website in England is showing the LM387N for 1.96 GBP, see

It might be worth contacting them to see if they really do have some. Contact details at

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

We can order Farnell parts from Newark here. Can you do the same in reverse?

greg

Reply to
GregS

If pin compatibility doesn't matter how about this old workhorse - NE5534.

--
*I'm pretty sure that sex is better than logic, but I can't prove it.

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Here is a dual. LM833 I think its gain of one stable.

Another precision single OP37, better pwr supply rejection if thats inportant.

greg

Reply to
GregS

A little number shifting, a quad LM837

Reply to
GregS

Memory is failing. NE 5532 is effectively a dual 5534. Still readily available - which probably says much for its design.

--
*Save a tree, eat a beaver*

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks for everyone help, I have used LM833.

--
Tom
Reply to