Speaker surround replacement

I have two sets of 20 year+ old speakers where the foam surrounds on the woofers have deteriorated and are falling apart. One set is Boston Acoustics A60s and the other is Advent Legacies. These were nice sounding speakers and surround replacement foam is not very expensive. I can buy surround replacements for both from speakerworks.com but am interested in hearing experiences of others who have replaced the surrounds in these or other speakers before doing it.

Thanks, David

Reply to
David

Put spacers around the voice coil, remove the old foam, and glue the new foam. It's much less complicated than rocket science and much cheaper.

Reply to
hrhofmann