Keyboards/Electric Pianos

My experience (though not recent) is that Roland are good about spare parts. I wouldn't even both calling Casio however.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

What do you do about those rubber things ? The ones under the keys on the t ouch responsive ones. Are they interchangable to some extent ?

And where to get them. Looking around it seems like these companies don't w ant to sell parts. Got a Roland up right now that only has ONE KEY not work ing. That is a kinda decent one. Also have a Casio with about a half dozen not working. That one is not as good I would assume but that part should no t really cost all that much.

Reply to
jurb6006

All duff but one suggests an interconnect problem or some non-membrane problem. Just one or two duff keys, then a good clean will probably suffice, hair ,bugs , grime etc can easily get under a contact. Beware of dislodging any key return springs.

Reply to
N_Cook

For after-touch ? If there is an answer, it's very likely that someone on one of those mailing lists has it :

Archives :

Archives :

But be nice and don't post through Nabble...

--

It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his
salary depends upon his not understanding it. -- Upton Sinclair

pretty much uses a different design. "

Found one for a slightly different model :

Problem is I need the 13 section one and this is the 12. they are out of st ock on the 13. But I was about to cut the original anyway and move the bad one all the way to the end. I could just use any of the good ones for the e nd. Once back into it I will look and see if this is possible, like they do n't have locating bosses or anything that would stop it or require more mod ification.

problem. "

While I agree somewhat, I think that ONE of them has to go first. It probag ly depends on how the guy plays. However I do intend to confirm this as the problem before proceeding. I am going to have to figure out a non-destruct ive way to hit that key using a different pad. In this particulat design th at looks doable.

someone on one of those mailing lists has it : "

I have not had alot of luck with that site. Funky search engine for one, we ll not so much that but how it returns the results. Sorted by date. I didn' t see any options other than to exclude dates.

parts. I wouldn't even both calling Casio however. "

I couldn't find anything about parts at Roland's site at all, and no phone number either.

Ironically, I think the shop might be an ASC or at least authorized dealer for Casio.

___

What gets me is these things are not made by music companies. It takes the rigth materials and the equipment to handle them. How many times are they g oing to retool because some manufacturer has a bug up their ass and wants p roprietary parts ? they have to make a mold. It ain't a circuit board where you can changee it for the sake of change every 8715 serial numbers like t hey do on TVs. That does not require retooling or anytihng, just the instal lation of different jumpers, software and maybe a few parts.

This is different. I realize all the brands will be different except what I was just told about a few exceptions, but it seems like within so many yea rs, for the same brand, something like this should be the same.

I dunno, I'll get back into it in a few days and figure some more out.

Thanks all.

Reply to
jurb6006

In my experience, it's hard work to find anything in the retrosynth.com archives, even when you already know it's there. Don't focus on the archives, subscribe to the lists and ask.

--

It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his
salary depends upon his not understanding it. -- Upton Sinclair
Reply to
Andre Majorel

Although I do have an idea. Ever use the search function in IE ? Could use very general search terms and let it give ne a kagillion answers and then use the browser's search function to search through that.

And if I do end up joining, what did you mean not to post through "nibbles" or whatever ? Do they frown on that like some here do on gmailers ?

I might do that, but I think for $11 it might be worth the risk to just get the one I found. On a full size keyboard, the keys are always the same space apart. They would have had to go to great lengths to make them ALL not fit each other.

Of course this will not be the last time on things like this. So I do need to expaand my rsources. thanks for the link whether I ever really join or not. I might just learn how to search it. If I do I'll let you know.

Why do blogs do that ? Sort by date but no tree. And no options. Well maybe that is all they could do. I dunno. It is more than I could do, I am a NON-programmin' mofo. And, if they accept money who knows what you can do then.

Reply to
jurb6006

A. Yes! Some replacement parts and accessories are available on the Roland Online Store. If you don't see the part you need on the site, Roland has a huge inventory of parts that can be ordered directly by submitting a parts order request, or calling our Parts and Service department at 323-890-3771, Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm Pacific Time.

---

The store is at

and the order request is at
, but the order request seems to require that you create an account (email address and password) first.

Standard disclaimers apply: I don't get money or other consideration from any companies mentioned.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

I'd ask the question for you but the email account I use for these is on the blink ATM. Sorry.

Probably. The list admins are not spammers but if you post, your address WILL end up in some spammers' list. Either lifted off some web archive which doesn't obfuscate email addresses or simply because some other subscriber's computer has been hacked.

Yes. Nice to be able to download everything and search locally.

I think nabble.com has a web interface that you can use to post to the lists it archives. Apparently, it makes a mess of threads. As if we didn't get enough of that already with buggy, misconfigured or misused mailers.

Also, posting HTML to synth-diy won't work (thankfully).

If you're feeling brave, you can try Bob Weigel's site

It's a mess but he has some keyboard parts for sale and synth servicing information.

Good luck.