A question about the rubber contact strips for LCDs

Greetings All, Common in many LCD displays are rubber contact strips which are the connection between the Circuit board and the glass LCD assembly. Looking inside one device I noted that an exact contact strip placement in the long direction was not possible because of mounting tolerances of the circuit board to the plastic case holding the LCD. Using a magnifier to look at the strip it appears that there are strips of two different materials all bonded in a stack. So I'm thinking there is a conducting strip then an insulating strip then a conducting strip etc. Is this correct? Thank You, Eric R Snow

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Hi.

Yes. That strip is known as "zebra strip". It works well for low current connections that are not sensitive to small voltage drops.

Welcome.

--
--Larry Brasfield
email: donotspam_larry_brasfield@hotmail.com