Microwave either make noise or turns off after 3 seconds

I have a Panasonic NN-P295SF microwave that sits over the range. It came wi th the house when we bought it and it about 10 years old (manufactured in 2

004). Last week it started doing this thing where it would run for three se conds, then stop. Later the same day it would run, but it's making a weird whiny sound when it starts and briefly when it stops. I believe the sounds is coming from the motor powering the magnetron cooling fan.

Video here:

I have an avionics background but it was a long time back and I have zero e xperience with appliances. I've tried to find schematics for the oven, but no luck. Someone suggested checking the thermostats. There seem to be two o f them. One is

Reply to
aarebrot

N_Cook

I have a similar circumstance. GE microwave bought 13 yrs ago. Cuts off less than 5 sec after pressing Start. Display blacks out or displays "full"(all elements) then blacks out.

After 2-3 more attempts it finally completes my cooking cycle. I got tired of resetting the clock, so now it's just blank.

No odd noises, however.

Reply to
thekmanrocks