keyboard plastic PCB repair?

Hello folks,

did anyone suceeded in repairing traces on that old plastic sheet printed circuits keyboards? Some traces are interrupted and it's impossible to solder on that kind of plastic/trace combination. I've had some success on plastic substrate when the tracks were copper strips of sufficient thickness, but in this case they looks like black conductive material and the plastic substrate is so thin that any tip at a useful temperature for soldering instantly makes a hole. I've been thinking about conductive glue, but it might not stick or make a good contact. So if anyone already had experience (positive or negative) is very welcome. It's a 30 years old mitsumy custom keyboard, so not replaceable with something modern. Thanks Frank

Reply to
frank

Get a Circuit Writer pen from Caig labs. I've tried using black conductive paint from several sources and it's not conductive enough.

Reply to
ohger1s

Try this :

It is magic.

Reply to
Look165

At +/- $12.50 per pen, it is going to be cheaper than a new board in very nearly every case.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

I've used "Tempest-proof" RFI blocking, nickel spray . After shaking the aerosol can , squirt some into a small container and paint on with a toothpick, good low ohmage

Reply to
N_Cook

True, but nickel is very hard to solder. Silver is not. The former when soldering is necessary, the latter when not.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

I have no idea what that keyboard looks like, but all keyboards can be taken apart and the cord is plugged into the board inside of it. Maybe you can use your old cord on a modern keyboard. Just a thought!

Reply to
oldschool

The chemtronic CW2200 is a very good conductor and you can ssolder on it.

Reply to
Look165