Cd player adjustments

Hello,

I have a Luxman D-113D Cd player and I can't find information, schematics or
service manual.

This player have some problem with the adjustments. In the board I can see
the next potentiometers:

FOCUS

T.E BALANCE

F.GAIN

T.GAIN

VCD

Can someone give me some rules to adjust this trimmers?

Regards,

Santiago

Re: Cd player adjustments
Hi!

How do you know it is a matter of adjustment?
It could be any like a bad pickup or mechanical problem, tell us more about
your problem.
If your intention is to adjust this by yourself a scope is a real good
friend. Some people adjust by listening but I wouldn't recommend that.

Bjorn

or

Re: Cd player adjustments
 The problem is that I modified this trimers, and now the player can't play
all the cd's. Only the perfect and immaculate cd's are played.

When I touch the FOCUS trimmer the system works, but not perfectly.

Then, I suspect that the player (the optic, the laser) is ok, but I missed
the correct adjustment.

about
schematics
see

Re: Cd player adjustments
See the CD player repair guide at the site below.  Assuming nothing else
is wrong, you should be able to get back to a working state with the
adjustments.  But if you were attempting to fix a problem that wasn't an
adjustment, then you will at best be back where you started.

As as noted below, test equipment and a service manual will be needed
to achieve optimal performance.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line.  Or, you can

Re: Cd player adjustments
Hi Sam,
It is an honor to talk to you.  Your sites have helped me many times.

question about CD players.

What is the key diff between CD players that can play CD-RW and those
that can't.

Is it just the  laser power level or is it something else.  If it's
just the power, would turning the power up a bit (I know the risks)
help?

Mark

Re: Cd player adjustments

(Butting in...)

Has to do with reflectivity at audio CD laser diode frequency, and threshold
detection level of the RF amp and decoder circuits.

Mark Z.

Re: Cd player adjustments

I agree.  The laser power might be different but many factors contribute
to the ability to read various formats.  Could be more sophisticated
front end circuitry - or luck. :)

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line.  Or, you can

Re: Cd player adjustments
Sam: Hi, I have been into audio for some time now and I notice that
identical make/model cd players often sound quite differently.  Can
these differences be adjusted out using the focus , tracking or other
pot controls? If so , what should I try first? I beleive I can discern
the difference audibly. Thanks much , Wayne

Re: Cd player adjustments
what differences do you think you hear?

Mark

Site Timeline