Subject Author Posted Replies

Sony PS-LX510 Turntable
Been working on this turntable for a bit of time. Did get a copy of the service manual. Replaced tonearm belt, lubed rail & adjusted some of the adjustment screws (arm height,tracking error, etc.)...
5
5

First Marshall use of PbF ? / Test for PbF
Just found 4 PbF faults on a 2003 AS50R, no mention of RoHS/PbF on the pcb as pre-2006. Distortion after an hour of normal use Appearance probably but not definitively PbF, shallow cones rather than...
3
3

Tants. So what's the failure mechanism ... ?
Anyone read anywhere what the failure mechanism is for solid dielectric caps of the tantalum variety ? In my experience, no matter what the value, working voltage, or format (bead, bullet or box),...
26
26

RFID - where can I find info / help ?
I am looking for a site or group that knows RFID. Can anyone help ? I bought a 125khz reader, but it can not read my Keri System keyfobs. I'm guessing I need some sort of software, but I don't know...
1
1

Fixed: Hotpoint WD420 waher/dryer- all lights flashing
For the benefit of Google: When the machine was turned on, all leds on the panel flash. Machine then works normally most of the time but goes mad sometimes (spinning at high speed and won't stop)....
2
2

Need help with a small project.
I'm trying to use a transistor as a switch. Catch is I am using a premade device that has a flashing led that blinks as it operates. I want to use the source of the flashing led to trigger a transisor...
2
2

Philips model 42PF9967D schematics
Hi guys, could anyone help me with this Philips 42PF9967D Plasma, a link to a schematic of the PSU would be really helpful. The problem is a heat sensitive component in the primary section. The set...
3
3

Hitachi VK-S module camera adjustment program
Anyone know how to find an adjustment program called SMAP_IBM (from Hitachi VK-S454 service manual)? I need it to fix the focus calibration, but seems that old DOS program is hard to find software....
3
3

Circuit diagram / service manual for Samsung LE37R87
Hi Specifically the LCD controller board that is marked "T370XW02 V5 CB". I have the service manual for the TV, but it doesn't go as far as the LCD controller board. Ta.

Solenoid - shorted turns.
Not where I've ever seen one before, the trigger actuator for power take off in an audio cassette deck. Obviously overheating but no obvious burning , probably buried. Measures 4.1 ohm but by...

What happens to old CRT monitors?
What happens to old CRT monitors when the PC disposal man turns up in his white van to take them away? The company I work for has just got rid of a huge quantity of monitors. Surely they do get...
56
56

Symbol Technologies PDT 1475
Any body know where I can find the programming set up manual for one of these or a more appropriate group to annoy with my questions? Jeff
3
3

OT: That UK square pin mains plug
My quibble is he should have added some swept faring to the flex gland/protector to project out over the pins so you can pull a lead through a nest of wires without it jamming - my pet hate about...
11
11

Willing to Pay for Proper Korg DW-8000 Analog Synthesizer Repair Diagnostic
I am not getting proper audio out of an old synthesizer. If I bypass the board with the volume slider, everything works fine, but when the audio runs through the board in question (Korg KLM-663-1),...
9
9

Static When Capturing VHS Tapes
Sorry to rant, but I think it is enormously counter productive when a forum "archives" a topic and makes it no longer possible to add comments. I know this is probably Google's decision, and may not...
7
7