Solenoid - shorted turns.

Not where I've ever seen one before, the trigger actuator for power take off in an audio cassette deck. Obviously overheating but no obvious burning , probably buried. Measures 4.1 ohm but by calculation for 38swg wire and possible range of inner core diameter and layup packing factor between regular Pi/4 and stagered layup optimum of (sq root 3)/2 comes out to be range 16 to 43 ohm. So will have to countoff/rewind. 38 swg enamelled Cu wire data 0.018 sq mm area and .776 ohm / m I was exploring use of polyswitch / reset fuse MF-R110 , 5mm 1.1 amp hold current in its PTC thermal properties to lay on the outside added in series as a protector. In olden days of bulky VCRs there was 2 coils , the pull-in and the hold, to avoid heat build up. Anyway data for this particular type of small polyswitch , as I can see being useful in other non mains fuse situations.

20 to 42 deg C, 0.2 ohm 66 deg , .3 92 , .4 100, .45 108 , .5 118 , .7 122, 1 123, 2.5 126 deg C, 11 ohms then goes shooting off
Reply to
N_Cook