Subject Author Posted Replies

Delphi XM SkyFi2 Radio Power Source Polarity?
Hello all... I recently picked up a Delphi SkyFi2 XM radio receiver and car mount at a garage sale. Everything except the power adapter was included. The rating on the car dock states that six volts...
2
2

Austrian AKG microphone
Nasty cosmetic mark on the casing. Looks as though it had some sort of tape stuck to it and whatever normal cleaning chemical, does not shift the patches of discoloration of the anodised? silver-grey...
15
15

Small problem with a 37" LCD TV..
Panasonic TV when used on Freeview Shows small white lines at top of screen only on the left of screen and only half way, sort of looks like the Teletext lines that can be seen on normal TV's, But...
5
5

Replacement parts?
I have a Panasonice DMR-EZ28 recorder whose optical drive failed. You can buy one new for about $225. I called Panasonic to check on the price for the drive: $135+$15 shipping=$150. So I went online...
6
6

Lucas 9EM ignition module.
Since other people have started posting car electronics questions, I thought I'd strike while the iron is hot so to speak. Anyone got tech info on the Lucas 9EM ignition module? Thanks.
16
16

1999 Ford Windstar Front Electronic Module replace/repair?
A friend's 1999 Ford Windstar started to cause trouble a year ago: The right front turn indicator went on once, then off and a problem with the bulb was displayed, even though it was ok. Connecting...
19
19

MC68701 Controller
Hi all, Does anyone still know the MC68701? It's the EPROM version of the 6801. It offers a Mode 0 which allows for reading and writing the internal EPROM - not like the Hitachi 68xx which can be read...
6
6

2000 Lincoln ignition coil problems
I realize that there are other auto related groups to post this to but with so many talented techs on this one I thought I give this a try as well. My son bought a 2000 Lincoln. It has the familiar...
4
4

Keep coin cells away from kids
bob

Sony PS-LX520 Turntable Power Supply Fault
Hello all... I recently cleaned up and restored to working order a Sony PS-LX520 linear tracking turntable. After that it played beautifully until two nights ago when I turned it on and found the...
5
5

Unknown Turntable belt size - how to determine?
Hello all... I recently dug up an old JC Penney MCS 2230 integrated stereo, and I'd like to get the turntable going again. (Despite the source, it's a pretty nice stereo system...the radio tuner works...
22
22

15-25VDC 110-250VAC Adaptors
How reliable are such adaptors sold as "universal laptop adaptor"? - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything...
1
1

RCA chassis ATC010A
Hello, I have an RCA chassis # ATC010A. The set will power up and display a pic for about 5 seconds before turning off. I can hold any front panel button (vol, channel, etc) and the set will stay...
1
1

The problem was NOT what I expected.
A somewhat interesting case, troubleshooting and 'repair' of an audio amp. I was presented with a "dead" 'classic' transistorized audio amp. The owner had checked one of the fuses that was located in...
1
1

Looking for PS glitch with Tek scope?
I have a machine in that I suspect the PS (+24vdc) is sagging under load which is causing all kind of havoc with the digital circuits. The load is brief, so I've not been able to capture it with a...
5
5