Delphi XM SkyFi2 Radio Power Source Polarity?

Hello all...

I recently picked up a Delphi SkyFi2 XM radio receiver and car mount at a garage sale. Everything except the power adapter was included. The rating on the car dock states that six volts DC is required, but no polarity is given. I have a number of well regulated six volt DC power adapters, so that is not a problem.

I'd imagine it to be center positive, but I'd like to confirm that without smoking anything, since I've wanted to listen to satellite radio for some time. (The price of a new receiver is ridiculous, especially if you want one for your home stereo equipment.)

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Is there an audio out RCA socket or similar ? If so, the ground side of that will be common with the power ground. Failing that, take the back off and 'buzz' the tuner screening can back to the power socket, or look at the polarity of any protection diodes or decoupling electrolytics across the power socket.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

The manual's available from here:

It says "Power: 6V, 1000 mA maximum current, P13 connector, positive polarity" (with a picture of a centre-positive connector).

--
Adam Sampson
Reply to