Subject Author Posted Replies

Unknown Turntable belt size - how to determine?
Hello all... I recently dug up an old JC Penney MCS 2230 integrated stereo, and I'd like to get the turntable going again. (Despite the source, it's a pretty nice stereo system...the radio tuner works...
22
22

15-25VDC 110-250VAC Adaptors
How reliable are such adaptors sold as "universal laptop adaptor"? - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything...
1
1

RCA chassis ATC010A
Hello, I have an RCA chassis # ATC010A. The set will power up and display a pic for about 5 seconds before turning off. I can hold any front panel button (vol, channel, etc) and the set will stay...
1
1

The problem was NOT what I expected.
A somewhat interesting case, troubleshooting and 'repair' of an audio amp. I was presented with a "dead" 'classic' transistorized audio amp. The owner had checked one of the fuses that was located in...
1
1

Looking for PS glitch with Tek scope?
I have a machine in that I suspect the PS (+24vdc) is sagging under load which is causing all kind of havoc with the digital circuits. The load is brief, so I've not been able to capture it with a...
5
5

2 pin vs 4 pin bulb
What are the advantages of a 4pin vs a 2pin bulb..... the manufacturer of my task light used a 2 pin bulb but the socket is made to accept a 4 pin...... Also..... the socket wire connections are of...
2
2

Rubber keyboard contact repair
Hi, anyone geting good results rejuvenating worn keyboard contacts? I'm talking the large ones you find on music keyboards, drum machines etc. Particularly ones where you can't buy the contact rubbers...
7
7

OT Using Mozilla T-Bird on here ...
My son has just provided me with a new computer, on which he has put Windoze 7. As there is no longer any O.E. included in the OS, he has put this T-Bird program on as the mail client, and has also...
8
8

Unlabelled and disconnected mains primary wires
About year 1999, USA make, for export In line , not 2 or more separate primary windings, DC ohms to nearest 0.1 ohm. I'm assuming same gauge wire throughout Labelled by me as A,B,C,D,E crossplot...
26
26

Update - Sony model KDS 60-A2000 dreaded blinking led
Original problem - Won't power up. Power led blinking 4 times. Called Sony for blink code troubleshooting, rep said it meant power supply problem to lamp or backlight (I did give her the correct model...

Solder paste shelf life
Have some leaded, water soluble solder paste (Kester HM531) for the last 3.5 years. Used it yesterday and it seems to still work like new. IIRC, shelf life was given as the usual six months. What...
3
3

Sony code
Four blinks & stop usualy means, no vertical deflection. Vince
1
1

Cordless Panasonic phones
I recently purchased a pair of Panasonic KX-TG6522E cordless phones with answer machine. I have noticed that when I am having a conversation with someone I can hear his voice perfectly, but when I...
5
5

OT: archiving on CD/DVD
BBC click this week did a feature apparently high spec discs is no guarantee of longevity. Mention of what I happen to do, copy 3 yearold backups to new on a rolling basis and keeping in 2 different...
22
22

DTV decoder repair, capacitor gets too hot
I'm repairing a DTV decoder Saivod DT2012 (chip Cheertek and tuner LG) that had a swollen capacitor in the power supply. 6 months ago I already replaced this capacitor with a low ESR high quality 105...
16
16