Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Any ideas on a way to move/place small boulders?
Rough terrain. Don't want to score/mar the terrain. Need to move boulders around. approx 200 to 300 ft and up and down approx 5 to 10 ft Any idea on an easy way to do this? Remember, need small...
12
12

Clean up and polishing
Any recommendation for a 'great' stainless steel polish to use next to glass and plastic? I found those consumer ones streak the SS, and worse, score the plastics.
7
7

OT: Hi-tec at the BBC
Radio 4's long wave goodbye Last pair of valve transmitters signal end of 198kHz, home of BBC's Test Match Special and Today in Parliament Long wave transmission's days are numbered. A handful of...
11
11

Type of ceramic wirewound resistor?
I have one in front of me labelled UTM 210-9 25435,3 watt probably Russian and can find no info Like the standard pillar white/grey ceramic resistors but instead of the wire returning down the flute...
13
13

Solved:ASUS battery problem
I was wrong: the battery can come out the top. My friend's husband gripped the battery with a hemostat and used a penknife to push back the holding clip. With a little jiggling the battery came out....
1
1

ASUS motherboard battery replacement?
A friend has an Asus P5N32-SLI motherboard. The battery is held in a black plastic frame that grips the battery in four places, say 2-4-8-10 o'clock on the battery. At 6 o'clock on the battery are two...
7
7

Bosch washing machine - reset procedure
Hello, Please can anyone tell me the reset procedure for a Bosch Exxcel 1400 washing machine? It keeps stopping at random intervals. Sometimes it restarts when left for a while, other times after...
13
13

blowing south bridge with hot air?
how sensitive is it with laptops(what chance is it stops working)when done proper way?
2
2

usb freezes laptop?
whatever is plugged in any of the usb ports freezes the system (even a mobile phone ) It also get frozen during boot if you leave the usb device plugged only time it does not happen is when you...
2
2

OT: problem with swapfile thrashing "solved"
If you recall, I had problems with the swapfile sometimes taking several minutes to "quiet down" after switching among programs. You might also remember that it happened most often with Mozilla...

Peavey Valve King 212
only 6 months old , barged into a door apparently but owner cagey. No mention of what happened when powered up. 10 watt resistor overheated to burn up cabling and black "candy floss" everwhere inside....
20
20

sony x05
Can anyone tell me the characteristics of the zener diode D908 in the power block xo5 sony deck. Or can give me a schematics? thanks
5
5

Mitsubishi WS-55909
I have DISH and a DVD player hooked up to a big screen tv where The screen all of a sudden became uniformly blue. The was a notice at the bottom to the effect that the connections were invalid and may...
1
1

How many W is this resistor?
Thank you PS: the ruler is in cm
3
3

circuit board material of the 1960s
Used by Fender guitar amp company and used eyelets for soldering component leads into. What was the material made of and how/why does it go bad? I think of it as whale-hide but its probably something...
19
19