Solved:ASUS battery problem

I was wrong: the battery can come out the top. My friend's husband gripped the battery with a hemostat and used a penknife to push back the holding clip. With a little jiggling the battery came out. It was 0.7v, so it was bad.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
root

Congrats. However, the hemostat probably shorted out the battery. I guess after 5 years, it should be considered dead anyway, but it's still bad practice. Some tape around the hemostat jaws might have helped.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com