sony x05

Can anyone tell me the characteristics of the zener diode D908 in the power block xo5 sony deck. Or can give me a schematics? thanks

Reply to
mesantama

Is there a Sony SLV??? model equivalent to X05

Reply to
N_Cook

Sony xo5 is an amplifier, tape and radio made in espana in the year 1982. I don't know if there a sony SLV???

Reply to
mesantama

Sony had an X model designation for some of their VCRs , obviously not exclusively for VCRs

Reply to
N_Cook

On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 22:55:26 +0200, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.it put finger to keyboard and composed:

Is there an electrolyic capacitor in parallel with the diode? If so, then its voltage rating will put an upper limit to the rating of the diode.

Are there any markings on the diode?

Can you do a little circuit tracing in that area?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 23:44:43 +0200, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.it put finger to keyboard and composed:

That's a zener regulated linear power supply. The output voltage at the emitter of BD535 would be Vz - (2 x 0.6V).

Obviously the zener voltage (Vz) can't be greater than 16V. I'd say it is probably less than or equal to 12V.

The BD535 transistor has a current rating of 8A, so I would challenge your value of 470 ohms for the collector resistor. Even if Ic were only 100mA, the power dissipation in a 470 ohm resistor would be 4.7W. Is it possible that it is in fact an 0.47 ohm fusible resistor? A value of 89 ohms looks odd, too.

Do you have any idea what the output voltage of the BD535 transistor should be? You may be able to determine this by examining the datasheet for any IC that derives its supply from this circuit. If you then add 1.2V to this value, you will have the zener voltage.

BD535 datasheet:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar