Subject Author Posted Replies

'puter MB's requiring ddr2 memory
Hi, Today I acquired my 2nd MB that requires ddr2 memory, from my usual source, the local scrapyard. The computer-box is a Lenovo, made about 2008 and has a 160 Gb hdd and 2 sticks of 1 Gb memory -...
6
6

GE rant, and oven controll board problem
We have a GE profile electric oven (made in 1993). The oven stopped working. When you pushed the button to turn the oven on the display just blinked. A call to the local repair guy, =93We don=92t...
17
17

2Wire 2701HG-B DSL router power supply repair
If your 2Wire 2701HG-B DSL modem/router/wireless acts strangely, it's probably the power supply. I decided it was time to fix some 2Wire power supplies: Three of the five had visibly bulging caps. I...
5
5

Wanted CCFL tube for 22 inch widescreen LCD
Hi, fixing this for a friend. TV is a cheapo Argos (Wharfedale) 22 inch widescreen. One of the backlights has failed, causing the inverter to shut off after a few seconds. Confirmed failed lamp using...
6
6

UK supply of mains LED panel indicators
[excuse the re-post of a message from uk.d-i-y but I thought folks here might be able to help too] Sometime last year ago I bought a couple of quite neat mains voltage LED panel indicators: white...
2
2

SMPS design ...
I've been given a number of switchers to look at, by a company that I do other work for. The one that concerns me here, is an open frame type, single 12 volt output at, I would guess, 3 - 4 amps. It...
33
33

Re-winding solenoids.
Just a few abstract thoughts here. It makes sense to me, but then I've been known to over look the obvious on occasion. ;-) I have a solenoid coil that actuates a large 3-pole contactor. A short pulse...
55
55

Toshiba motor control IC
Hi, Can anyone help identify a Toshiba IC used for bidirectional control of a brushed motor? The original part number is partially missing as the chip has a crater blown in the package when the...
4
4

computer problems
I really hope that someone can help me with this. I have a P233 with American Megatrends AMI computer was working perfectly but has been sitting without drives in it for a couple of months. I just...
31
31

Samsung SC4570 vacuum cleaner - access route?
Remove the dust hopper, then 4 screws but what holds the cover in place at the other end, hidden screws/secret clips? How to remove the wheels , perhaps fixings in that area
5
5

FLAT, FLEXIBLE CABLE
Hi, folks. I have several Icom 745 radios. I need flat, flexible cable to make up for them. The maximum conductors are 11 but I can slit more to make 11. The spacing is .060 x .060. I have worked with...
2
2

vizio tv
Hi I have a Vizio TV MDL VW37L HDTV20A The pilot light is on (orange) push the power button and nothing happens, the light stays orange, the set is dead, I tried a new power supply board and still the...
6
6

Sony CDX-C5000 head unit, TUX-020 tuner module failure
Hi. I have 2 Sony Car Audio head units both with faulty tuner modules. The module is labelled TUX-020, and is listed online simply as "mounted circuit board", it is also no longer available. I am able...
4
4

Tips for saving ancient loudspeakers?
Anyone aware of a site of such tips for renovation. About 50 years old. Looks as though the card of the cone hase weakened with age, probably like the paper of books goes brown and crumbly over time....
7
7

White LED spectrum?
Would like to find white SMD LEDs suitable for use as backlight for LCD monitors where the CCFL lamps have burned out. So need is for consistency between units and... well, "whiteness". ;-) Or other...
11
11