Bosch washing machine - reset procedure

Hello,

Please can anyone tell me the reset procedure for a Bosch Exxcel 1400 washing machine? It keeps stopping at random intervals. Sometimes it restarts when left for a while, other times after being switched off and on at the mains supply. The problem began after power was removed while it was working.

Many thanks in advance - this will contribute much to domestic harmony!

James

Reply to
James

on

as

Here's a procedure for one Bosch Exxcel:

Terminating the programme (Reset) =E2=80=93 Simultaneously press programme buttons# and3 for approx. 3 sec. =E2=80=93 The programme sequence lasts approx. 1 min. On the digital display8 =E2=80=B9 is indicated. =E2=80=93 Switch off the main switch(.

Reply to
spamtrap1888

This model doesn't appear to have those buttons - most of the programming is by a knob and the buttons are: Start, Reduced ironing, Rinse plus, and Reduced time. I've tried pressing all combinations of two of these, and all combinations of three of them, for 3 seconds, with no effect. So, thank you and I'm grateful for your contribution, but it must be for a different model. James

Reply to
James

I'm going to suggest something potentially dangerous.

Turn the machine on and pull out the plug while it's running.

I've owned at least three products for which this cleared a lockup.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

nd on

t was

ll

ou

You can download a .pdf once you know the E-number. Find the E-number per the procedure on this web page, then navigate to the product manual download page, input the E-number, and you will be enjoying your proper manual's reset instructions in no time.

spamtrap1888

Thanks to both spamtrap1888 and to William Sommerwerck. I've tried both suggestions, but no success. The manuals from Bosch don't give a reset procedure (I suppose that would be in a repair manual, but isn't in the user manuals). I've also tried switching it off a few times while running, but no improvement. Think what I need is a reset procedure that might be in a repair manual... James

Reply to
James

Just a thought. On consumer items like hifi's and DVDs, the reset procedure often involves holding in a button, or combination of buttons, whilst applying power. Usually, the buttons have to be held for several seconds, and then some message will come up in the display, or a combination of LEDs will indicate that a reset has taken place. Sometimes, the reset sequence is not actioned, until the button(s) are let go.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Press spin and time delay buttons together for few second

Reply to
ukigantsog

First: Manual here:

We have a Bosch dishwasher - and early on, it glitched similar to what you have experienced. Bosch Factory Service (1-800-944-2904) told us, as follows:

Unplug/remove power from the unit. Press and hold the START button for thirty (30) seconds. Wait thirty seconds and repeat (do not plug in).

Wait thirty seconds, then plug in. It worked, and the unit has been trouble-free for nearly nine years of average twice-weekly use.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

Do you think he is still waiting for a reply, after six years?

Reply to
Michael A Terrell

Reply to
naeemalivingston

Good thing they don't build cars that way... or do they? Jack up the right front wheel for 30 seconds, then let it down for 30 seconds and finally jack it up again for 30 seconds. Wait 30 seconds more before starting the car.

All that to save adding a reset button under the dash board.

--
Rick C

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
rickman

Wow to reset my Bosch Maxx 6 washing machine

Reply to
ilasionut84

Others are

Reply to