Strange question: minimum files to run X

Hello all, i need to user some Xdialog, and to do this, i must have at least X. I don't need any WM (i think) but only X. My question is: which files i need to run Xdialog correctly under X? I need the minimum, i'll put every thing in my initrd.

thank in advance Dade

Reply to
Dade

There was a thread with the title "How much can shrink XFree86 ?" in this newsgroup in september this year. It had quite a bit of useful information along these lines. I suggest you look it up on google groups.

Rob

--
Robert Kaiser                     email: rkaiser AT sysgo DOT de
SYSGO AG                          http://www.elinos.com

"Robert Kaiser" ha scritto nel messaggio news:3f9f80d6$0$282$ snipped-for-privacy@businessnews.de.uu.net...

Thank you very much Rob, i'll search it and study ;)

Bye Dade

Reply to
Dade

There are some tutorials in

IIRC there is one about deploying TinyX.

If size is realy critical in your app, consider microwindows + nxlib

We are using it with larswm (though you may dismiss it) and fltk and it's working damned well.

HTH

Reply to
ih8sp4m

"Mad@Spammers" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

I need only a vga 640x480 grafic X. I must use it only to display some Xdialog :) i would like to made it as small as possible. I tryed to study what RH had put in their initrd.img for the installation. They have a small initrd (800k) and seems that they have X! I look inside initrd but i found only binary files :/

Thanx Dade

Reply to
Dade