Question about audio files

If I record an audio file such as .wma or .wav are there any identifying data to indicate authorship or the type or serial number of the device which created it?

The source would be from an analog recording, with no copyright issues.

Reply to
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Commonly the software which created it is included in the header of a wav file, and possibly the registered user, I don't know what else, never actually poked through one...

Alex

Reply to
Alex Bird

.wav - maybe. See

. .wmv - likely. I wouldn't be surprised if WMV files have your SSN in them. See
.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds