PPC crosscompiler building using cygwin

Hi,

has anyone managed to build a cross compiler for the powerpc (405) running under cygwin environment and using glibc. I tried several combinations, but I can't get it working. Building binutils and the gcc-core are going fine, but building glibc give me problems every time. I manage to build one using newlib, but executables build with compiler will not run on the target (segmentation fault, problems with the elf header) I tried this by hand or using scripts as crosstool by Dan Kegel.

I want to build a cross compiler for the IBM walnut powerpc board, running kernel 2.4.2 and as far as I know glibc 2.2.3

Also any info regarding the differant targets is welcome, what are the differances between powerpc-*-linx, powerpc-elf, powerpc-eabi and others.

Every info is welcome.

Please reply to newsgroup, no email.

--

-- This message reflects my personal opinion. My employer does not bear responsibility of this opinion

Reply to
Robert

newlib is for systems without linux. You really want glibc.

When you build with crosstool, what errors do you see? A couple other people are interested in getting crosstool building on cygwin; you might want to discuss this on the crossgcc mailing list.

- Dan

Reply to
Dan Kegel