XST Tool - Want a verilog simulation netlist

Hello,

I want to compare two designs, one of which is written in verilog while the other one is in vhdl. the testcases are also written in verilog. while running the vhdl design, (using XST VHDL) .. the design compiles without error, but i couldnt figure out a way to generate the simulation netlist in verilog for the design. does there exist any such switch using which i can generate a verilog simulation netlist for designs compiled with XST VHDL

thanks in advance.,

regards Varun Jindal.

Reply to
Varun Jindal

ngd2ver converts the ngd file to verilog ngd2vhdl converts the ngd file to VHDL

You don't need to synthesize the designs to simulate them together, any decent simulator like NCverilog can simulate Verilog and VHDL together. Take the two sources and put them in the same testbench with some comparison logic.

Reply to
B. Joshua Rosen

Hi

When I am trying to load the verilog design to xst, I am receiving the followin errors:

ERROR:HDLParsers:340 Entity does not exist in library ERROR:Xst:1876 - Entity not found, Recompile it.

I am using the newest Xilinx ISE 6.3i

I have tried to fin out more about this errors on Xilinx web page, but I was unsuccessful.

Do you have any ideas how to get rid of this errors??

thank you in advance

Dominik Gawlowski

Reply to
Dominik Gawlowski