Synopsys search path

I have a new Synopsys installation that I am trying to get to synthesize with Virtex2. I seem to have the default libraries in tcl syntax and a script that I need to work with in non-tcl, so my issue is a tcl versus Synopsys fpga_shell understanding. Here is my first question:

Why would fpga_shell have trouble with the statement "set dcfpga_xil_lib_path "/usr/synopsys/dcfpga/libraries/2003.06"

I'm getting nowhere with Synopsys (that story begins with "its not our problem to install the software you bought from us" and ends with "here are the latest and greatest scripts [that dont work]), so as Pricess Leia once said "Help me Obe Wan Kenobe, youre my only hope?"

-- Charles Krinke

snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net

Reply to
cfk