OT: funny idea

If I was a fpga manufacturer I would put 1 or 2 people in this newsgroup just for answering questions. That would be the most effective publicity possible, I guess.

regards, Benjamin

PS: Hello Peter :)

Reply to
Benjamin Menküc

Well, it seems better to have episodic contributions from enthusiastic engineers than the full-time presence of a marketing guy :-)

MB

--
Michel BILLAUD                  billaud@labri.fr
LABRI-Université Bordeaux I     tel 05 4000 6922 / 05 5684 5792

Not quite sure,

Peter and I, as part of our job, read this newsgroup.

We are tasked with clarifying issues, answering questions, and just being good engineering ambassadors. Xilinx also has a few others who have been encouraged to follow this group: e.g. Eric for PCI, Goran for MicroBlaze(tm), etc. Experts and Principals are encouraged to answer questions, and be helpful when they can. They are also asked to contact Peter if they have any questions about posting an answer.

I know that Altera also has official responders to this group, similar to what we do, and has their own procedures.

Yes, it is just good business practice to help customers.

Austin

*Note: Of course, the main reason for posting is that sitting the trot is uncomfortable.
Reply to
Austin Lesea

You gotta clarify "people".

Engineers, techies sure. Anyone that can back up what they say will be appreciated and more than welcome.

Marketing droids or wannabes, there's enough of that going on here already. :) In particular comes to mind the A droid that keeps bragging about their supposed 39% but can't back it up.

Reply to
big_in_russia

Hi,

sure I mean engineers and "techies", I think this newsgroup would not be the right place for marketing people.

Another general thing is, that I don't want to be mistaken. I think the support in this newsgroup is already very good, thanks to all the people who do that.

regards, Benjamin

Reply to
Benjamin Menküc