packages(2)

I know I had made a big mess in my previos message.. I try to explain better and shortly...

I've received some precious advices in this newsgroup about an unavailable block adder for floating point, and some of you adviced me to use libraries for floating point found in the web..

I have already included a foreign library in a project with Xilinx Project Navigator, without any problems...but I can't do the same in the Quartus II of Altera !! When I compile the foreign library I find a lot of errors without sense!! (e.g. the compiler can't find the top level entity of the project ..)

in short: how can I include a library in a project compiled with the quartus II ?someone has been able to do this???

thank you...Cecilia

Reply to
cecilia annovi

It sounds like you are having the same frustrations I had when I first started out. If I remember right it has do with the order the files are compiled.

If you go into QuartusII, open your project, goto the assignments menu, select the settings menu item the settings dialog window should open.

of your source files.

First thing you should check for is if all your files are there and if they are not then you need to add them. Second are they in the right order? Many compiles will perform a pass to build a dependencies list. Quartus doesn't, it expects you to put your files in the order they need to be built.

Hope this helps.

Derek

Reply to
DerekSimmons

Hi cecilia,

You don't need to compile the package. You just include it in your project file list somewhere at the top.

So, from the menu: Project->Add/remove files in Project

Best regards,

Ben

Reply to
Ben Twijnstra

..it doesn' work.. :-( do I have to put a particular setting in settings -> user libraries ? I' ve put (as adviced by the "dad" of the packages downloaded)the packages in the folder ieee and then I've already add them in the setting "file" in order (like a "Matrioska"!).. I don't know what to do now..however thank you very much for the help

Cecilia ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
cecilia annovi