Manufacturer' models in separate directories in LTspice.

A while ago somebody was inquiring about putting manufacturers' files in dedicated directories. Might have been josephkk, or George Herold, I can't remember.

The only way I have found to do it is to put manufacturer directories as subdirectories of /lib/sub.

You call them with ".lib "

Like ".lib Zetex\ZTX415.sub"

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

You can put them anywhere you want. I find it necessary, since I have, literally, hundreds of device libraries.

Since ".LIB" is, in LTspice parlance, a "Spice directive", just do the Spice directive like this example, full path, etc...

.LIB C:\PSpice\DeviceLib\X-Fab\XC06\Lib\bip\tm.lib

In PSpice I have a "part" called "Library" that I just plunk down to make it easier... I often have 5 or 6 libraries per schematic. ...Jim Thompson

Quite so. However it's tedious, and isn't easy on a Linux system. I don't use Windows at all. It's bad enough having to remember use even one backslash as a directory delineator..

Full path to my models is: /home/fred/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/LTC/LTspiceIV/lib/sub/ Case sensitive. That shows what I'm accustomed to using backslashes for ;-)

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Quite so indeed. EXCEPT it's easy... I have a tool called ClipPath which allows clicking in your directory tree and it copies the whole file path and name, and supports either forward- or back-slash notation .

Using ClipPath, right click on filename, this got copied to clipboard, from whence I pasted it...

C:\PSpice\DeviceLib\X-Fab\XH035\mos5\models\bsim3v3\tm\nmos5.lib

Absolutely no memory required ;-)

And no errors. ...Jim Thompson

in

can't

as

Thanks fellers. There is so many little things like these to know.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Another little wrinkle I might try is to put the manufacturer subdirectories in as symlinks to subdirectories of my general "Components" directory, where I keep datasheets, etc. which is organized by manufacturer already and centralize everything.

Only would work in 'nix. I run three different spice versions, so it might be a good idea.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse