EDK Modelsim Simulation with RS232 Hook

Hello all,

Some time ago with an older version of the EDK (v6 I think) there was a ML300 design that would simulate the entire SoC, and included a hook into a local terminal window that would talk over the simulated SoC rs232 serial port. For example, you could build a system in the EDK that runs an executable on the PPC that would echo the characters it receives over RS232. That i/o was provided through an actual terminal window on the simulation system, and some how that real i/o was converted to the simulated RS232 framing.

I'm currently dealing with a Spartan 3E Starter kit, and would like to simulate my system using this simulated rs232 terminal hook. Does this kind of feature still exist with the 8.2 EDK?

Thanks, Anthony

Reply to
Anthony M