EDK Simulation

I am simulating an EDK MicroBlaze embedded system using NC-Sim. Whenever I open a waveform window and try to simulate I get errors. Here they are:

ncsim: *E,SST2ER: SST2 interface error: Permission denied. ncsim: *E,NOSHMO: cannot open SHM database file 'waves.shm'.

So it seems I cannot create or modify a database. However, the simulation will run and display waveforms. Here is the script I am running to compile/elaborate/call the sim:

# Compile testbench and project netlist sh system.sh

#compile the testfixture ncvlog -update -work work testfixture.v

# Elaborate ncelab -update testfixture glbl -timescale 1ns/1ns -access +RWC

# Launch the simulator ncsim -gui testfixture:v

As you can see, I have the acess set to +RWC, which should give me all the permission I need. I do NOT know what this is affecting really.

My next problem is that it takes our system ~18,000,000,000ps to run all the initialization stuff. I don't care about any of this. I really would like to START simulating after all the init. Is there a way to do this? I know you can save a "Checkpoint", but I think I am having trouble doing so because of the previous errors.

Thanks!!

Reply to
motty