Clock routing

Hi,

I have routed an input clock from an input pin directecly to an output pin and I used this clock (too) to all my design under a Stratix FPGA.

We have encountered a big problem because the input clock signal fall under 0.5 V !!!

So for this, we have just divided the input clock to two disctinct input pin (one input pin toward one output pin) and the other input pin to our design and that works fine

Why we cannot send an clock signal (from an input pin) to an output pin and to the entire design ?

Do you know what's happen ?

Thanks.

Reply to
patrick.melet

Why do you not use a PLL within the FPGA ?

You could use the output C0 or C1 of the PLL for FPGA "inner" purposes and the output E to route the clock to an output pin.

Rgds Andr=E9

Reply to
ALuPin