Can ISE text editor generate CRLF line endings?

Is it possible to get the ISE 8.2i text editor to use CRLF for line endings
on a Windows system?  It seems to use LF only, and I can't find an editor
option to control it.  Their LF convention is causing complications for me
because I use source code control (CVS) for my VHDL files.

Thanks,
Ed

Re: Can ISE text editor generate CRLF line endings?

Well, at the risk of sounding annoying by not answering the question...
why not just use your favorite text editor, rather than the one built
into ISE? ISE will still correctly recognize when the source files have
changed when you save them.

Re: Can ISE text editor generate CRLF line endings?

Another very simple option is to use DOS2UNIX / UNIX2DOS and post
process the file.

Apart from that, what complication does it cause? I've written boatloads
of code under *nix and every text editor there uses LF (not CR-LF) and I
never had any issues with CVS storing those files.

Cheers

PeteS

Re: Can ISE text editor generate CRLF line endings?
<snip>
file.

I agree.  Curious, have you ever used the program "conv" instead?  It
is part of the Cygwin toolset on XP.

It automagically detects the current format and changes it to the
other.

Pete

Site Timeline