I want to use UltraEdit as a text editor for ISE

But. Any editor I select must be included in my %PATH%.

Where do I set the Path?

Raymond

Reply to
Raymond

Right click on my computer. Select properties

Select the advanced tab Click the Environment Variables button at the bottom. PATH can be defined in either the user variables (top list) or the system variables (bottom list).

User variables only will affect you. If there are other users on the system, adding a path to the system PATH could affect them. If you're the only user, it doesn't matter.

Either way, find the PATH variable in the list of choice. If it's not there, click the New button under the list of choice and add the path to Ultra Edit to that path. The values are semi-colon separated.

Example:

System variables:

Path %SystemRoot%\system32

Will become after edit

Path %SystemRoot%\system32;C:\Program Files\Ultra Edit

That path may not be correct (I use other editors and I don't bother to integrate with ISE). It is still an example.

Good luck, Arlen

Reply to
gallen