using ipTables...

When my SBC target board (Linux 2.6) attempts to NFS mount a directory fro a Host system (Redhat Fedora 7) to its home directory the followin happens:

"ICMP: Destination unreachable (Host administratively prohibited)".

It seems that the Host PC's iptables rules are rejecting the target SBC' request to do the NFS mount. Am I interpeting this right?

Oddly enough I can ping from the Host to the target SBC and back.

The documentation I've read regarding ipTables is fairly long an comphrehensive. I will probably have to bite the bullet and read it but in the meantime is there anyone who has encountered this problem and can they tell me what ipTables commands were used to make th ipTables honor the NFS request from the target SBC?

Cheers

Some background details:

I have a Host PC running Redhat Fedora7 and a target SBC board running Linux 2.6. They are plugged into a switch (which in turn is connected to

router).

I am attempting to export using NFS the Host systems software development directory to the SBC target board's home directory.

On the Host PC I did the following:

1) Configure the eht0 device to a static ip address, and 2) in /etc/export file I added a line to make the directory to b exported visible to the target board

On the target board SBC I did the following:

1) in /etc/init.d/rcS add a line to make the host's exported directory appear under the /home directory on the target board.
Reply to
embedded07