Busybox NFS mount problem

I have seen many times the following question but not the solution.
I`m using busybox V1.0 pre9  and try to mount an NFS directory on a
server. The server works correctly, because I can mount the directory
from my desktop.

Hoever when I try to mount it from my system with busybox I get the
following error.

# mount -t nfs 10.0.0.1:/exports/extras /mnt
nfs warning: mount version older than kernel
NFS: mount program didn't pass remote address!
mount: Mounting 10.0.0.1:/exports/extras on /mnt failed: Invalid
argument

I tried with 2 diffrenet kernels 2.4.21 and 2.4.25 both with the same
result. Both server and busybox system are setup to support NFS V3.

Any suggestions ?

MarcelG

Re: Busybox NFS mount problem

This is how I interprete it.

kernel is newer - recompile mount command (i.e. busybox etc)
Make sure that it uses the headers from the kernel it will run with.

/RogerL

--
Roger Larsson
Skellefteċ

[...]

I also got this annoying message, when I switched to v1.0pre7 of busybox.
It vanished when I compiled the uClibc toolchain_gcc-v2.95 from
busybox.org and recompiled busybox with the tools of this chain.
Now nfs works like a charme :-)

My system uses 2.4.22

mine also.

         ---<(kaimartin)>---