Several problems in porting/runnig Qt/Embedded program on/to FriendlyARM Board

Dear All Embedded developers Hello

Here's the deal. I know Qtopia Core is old, I know Qt Embedded is old, several developers mentioned it but I have a Mini2440 FriendlyARM based embedded device with the following charactristics: - CPU: 400 MHz Samsung S3C2440 ARM926T - RAM: 64 MB - LCD: 3.5 inches with 240*320 pixels Mainly there are a couple of pre-installed software on the board: Linux Kernel 2.6.32.2 and Qtopia 2.2.0. after turning on the device the Qtopia is executed. I tried to escape from Qtopia so I comment out the last lines of /etc/init.d/rcS: /bin/qtopia & echo " " > /dev/tty1 echo "Starting Qtopia, please waiting ..." > /dev/tty1

  1. My first question is: Is it possible to uninstal Qtopia from the board and install newer version of Qt Embedded like Qt Embedded 4.8? If the answer is positive, how? Currently I have an installed version of Qtopia core opensource 4.3.5 on my development computer (in cross-compiling terminology the "build" and "host" machine) I successfully configured, built and installed it for cross-compiling for ARM target machine using arm-linug-g++ family toolchain. The software is located at default path: /usr/local/Trolltech/QtopiaCore-4.3.5-arm I configured Qtopia with the following command and options: ./configure -static -exceptions -no-qt3support -v -embedded arm -xplatform qws/linux-arm-g++

-qt-libpng -system-libjpeg -qt-libtiff -qt-zlib Now when I try to run a typical program like hello, world with a push button or similar widgets, with the following command: ./hello_world -qws I have a frozen screen, without any feedback, the board pen doesn't work, the touchscreen doesn't work and worse my 240*320 window is rotated by 90 degree.

  1. My another question is: Are all because I forgot to use the

-qt-mouse-tslib option in configuration. by googling Qtopia environment variables and inspired by this

I put the following environment variable in a shell script:

export TSLIB_TSEVENTTYPE=INPUT export TSLIB_CONSOLEDEVICE=none export TSLIB_FBDEVICE=/dev/fb0 export TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/usr/local/lib/ts export TSLIB_CALIBFILE=/etc/pointercal export TSLIB_CONFFILE=/usr/local/etc/ts.conf export TSLIB_PLUGINDIR=/usr/local/lib/ts export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/Trolltech/QtopiaCore-4.3.5-arm/lib export QTDIR=/usr/local/Trolltech/QtopiaCore-4.3.5-arm export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=tslib:/usr/local/lib/ts export QT_QWS_FONTDIR=/usr/local/Trolltech/QtopiaCore-4.3.5-arm/lib/fonts export QWS_DISPLAY=LinuxFB:mmWidth=55:mmHeight=73 export TSLIB_PLUGINDIR=/usr/local/lib/ts export QTDIR=/usr/local/Trolltech/QtopiaCore-4.3.5-arm export QWS_SIZE=240x320 and ran at the board, before running program, unfortunately there is no improvement.

FYI, I have just 2 input devices: /dev/input/event0 and mice there is no /dev/input/touchscreen

about the unwanted rotated screen, I exchanged mmWidht and mmHeight or in QWS_SIZE, I exchahnged width and height without any success. Do I have to use Transformed:Rot90. What is the meaning of Transformed:RotX at all?

Thank you in advance for your response, I am confused with a lot of concepts and I can't figure out, what should I do.

-- Saeed Amrollahi Boyouki

Reply to
amrollahi.saeed