Museum piece

I have this OS-9 6809 development system bought many years ago for
developing embedded software. It's a (AFAIR)G64 bus backplane
with plugin cards; cpu, memory, I/O ... I even have some extra cards and
most if not all of the manuals. Super machine, knocks the IBM PC with
which it is roughly contemporary into a cocked hat.

I'd like to pass it on to a good home, I need the room, and it would be a
crying shame to dump it. Anyone interested - I've tried old-computers.com
but there seemed to be no interest, probably it's not a computer by their
definition.

--
Dick Georgeson
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time

Hi Dick,

I would be very interested; we used to have an 6809 Exorset, which I miss.
Please let me know what you would like from me to proceed.

Many thanks,

Michael

Re: Museum piece

<...>

Tried to email you but it seems to have failed. Perhaps the address is
mangled (mine is plain fake). I'm in Southern England, where are you?

--
Dick Georgeson
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time
Re: Museum piece

Ah memories. I had one, did some good developments on it. Only level 1
though, I always lusted after a level 2 system with the SASI hard drive
I couldn't afford because it was 1200. I wish operating systems had
stayed so easy to use.

Re: Museum piece

I also emailed you to: 'rmg _at_ zetnet _dot_ co _dot_ uk' right after your
first post to the N.G.  My email addr is 'msg _at_ cybertheque _dot_ org'.
I am in Duluth, MN, USA (which pretty much means unrealistic shipping
expenses unless the weight is low).

Regards,

Michael

Re: Museum piece

That's the right address for me. However I mailed to your munged address
(underscores included).

But I think it's academic, cost of shipping it across the atlantic would
be silly. Pity.

--
Dick Georgeson
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time
Re: Museum piece

There also is a comp.sys.m6809 group, perhaps there will be someone
interested.
I retired some time ago a 6809 based system myself (an 80-s design of
mine
running MDOS09), but make no mistake, I have it emulated in a DPS
window...

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff               Transgalactic Instruments

http://www.tgi-sci.com

Re: Museum piece

I have asked there, that was where old-computers.com was suggested, but no
takers.

--
Dick Georgeson
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time
Re: Museum piece

Try alt.folklore.computers and comp.os.cpm.