C/C++ for 6809?

Are there any freeware or open source C compilers for the 6809 that will run under Windows NT/XP and produce position independent code that will assemble under OS9 Level II?

Reply to
Bootstrap Bill

Once upon a time, there was a company named Introl... They had a C compiler for the whole Motorola family, pretty cheap...I have used M6809 one in several projects.I think they are out of business now, but maybe you can find a copy somewhere...

regards

Dejan

Reply to
Dejan Durdenic

compiler

copy

A quick Google shows that there are various gcc ports for the 6809 (but you would have to compile it yourself...) as well as variants on Ron Cain's small C compiler (which is a bit limited).

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Jackson

Btw, I still offer a low cost C toolset for the 6809 - The 09 was my first target for the compiler (lotta years ago now :-) - still one of the nicest

8-bit architectures I've seen.

Regards,

--
Dunfield Development Systems          http://www.dunfield.com
Low cost software development tools for embedded systems

Dave,

Does your compiler generate position-independent stuff? If so, what conventions does it follow (e.g. using the Y register to point at local data)?

I really like your tools. Have you ever considered opening-up the source for them? Or even making it available for a price?

Thanks,

John

--
John W. Linville